Translate

Monday 9 September 2013

Macintosh Plus/Raspberry pi mod - Macintosh Pi Plus






 Macintosh Pi Plus



So I received this Macintosh Plus a couple of weeks ago and it came pretty much destroyed thanks to the great British postal system. So after assessing the damage I decided it wasn't worth repairing and I gutted it to start a new Mac mod! This time to make it look as authentic as possible.



I had this old TV made by Ecko, its exactly the same size as a Macintosh (screen)

I have modded it before for use with college, here it is as a guitar amplifier projecting an iPad 2 on the screen with a jailbreak app.

I have stripped it of all its casing down to what makes it tick and crammed it into the mac plus shell.




As you can see I managed to make it look quite authentic inside and the screen fits perfectly!!!


I am still trying to solder parts back together that had to be cut and extended, its almost complete though and will need a little bit more work done before switching it on and testing the screen for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment